Youth Confirmation 2017-2018
You will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you, and you will be my witnesses. Acts 1:8
*16-17 Ss. Peter & Paul School 8th Graders
*16-17 Ss. Peter & Paul Religious Education Confirmation Prep 2
*16-17 All Saints Academy 8th Graders (registered at Ss. Peter & Paul)
Please make certain that you are signed up to receive e-mails in the category: Confirmation(2017/2018). To add your email or to change your preferences/categories, type your email below and follow instructions given:
Information will be sent via Constant Contact throughout the year as it becomes available.
Confirmation of youth is normally conferred starting in 8th grade. Prerequisite for this sacrament during 8th grade requires regular attendance for one year prior to being placed in a sacramental class. For specific information regarding youth Confirmation preparation, please see the Junior High Ministry page.
Harvest Sunday Service Project
Harvest Sunday Flyer Distribution is the weekend of September 22-24. Each school team and RE class will determine their best time to hang flyers in their assigned neighborhood.
Harvest Sunday (Food Collection) is October 1st, beginning at 1:00 pm. The Harvest Sunday Document provides details on this important event!
At least one parent must attend these mandatory meetings with their student, one in the Fall Semester and one in the Spring Semester. Two times are offered for each semester. Dates and Times will be publishes as they become available.
Parent Talk, November 3, 2016, Father Milota: Listen
Father Milota also showed a video from Bishop Barron, which is included here:
Parent Talk September 29, 2017: Listen
All Confirmation paperwork will be handed out at the meetings in September.
Here are the links to all paperwork needed for the 2017 Confirmation:
- Christian Service Activity Preapproval Form
- CHRISTIAN SERVICE information sheet 2017-2018
- Sponsor Certificate
The Sacrament of Confirmation will be conferred on June 2, 2018 at either 11:00 am or 1:30 pm. Rehearsals will be scheduled either Thursday or Friday of that week. More details will be coming from Religious Ed or school.
Both the student and the sponsor are required to attend the rehearsal. If a sponsor cannot be at the rehearsal, a parent or other adult may attend the rehearsal and relay the information to the sponsor.
Mass will start promptly at the time indicated. Students will be required to arrive approximately an hour ahead of time. Specific information will be given at the required parent/student Confirmation meeting.
High School Confirmation
For information on High School aged Confirmation, please contact Jared Rutnicki at 630-718-2131 or at [email protected].
Who: Adult Confirmation Sessions are intended for those individuals who:
- Are at least 18 years of age
- Have been baptized and received Holy Communion in the Catholic Church
- Are a registered parishioner of Ss. Peter & Paul Parish
- Have been formally educated in the Catholic faith until at least age 13 in a Catholic school, parish religious education program, or home schooling.
- Have a firm grasp on the basic doctrines of the Catholic Faith. A brief exam may be required to show this basic understanding.
At the discretion of the pastor and Director for the New Evangelization, it may be determined that an individual is better suited for the RCIA process to complete the sacrament of Confirmation.
When & Where: Sessions are held Wednesdays from 7:00 – 8:30 pm in the St. Paul Center for the New Evangelization (entrance at the corner of Benton and Brainard Streets).
- The Paschal Mystery/The Sacramental Economy
- Theology of Confirmation
- The Holy Spirit and the 7 Gifts of the Holy Spirit
- Parish Mission
- The Rite of Confirmation, Prayer, Sacramental Life, & Mission of the Church
- Eucharist, Penance, Prayer, & Intro to Apologetics
Saturday – Rehearsal at 11 am in the Church
Confirmation will be celebrated at the TBD
A few other details:
- Sessions will consist mostly of lecture-format catechesis and Q&A
- Handouts will be provided as needed.
- There is no fee for the session, but a free will offering will be taken on the last session to help defray the cost of materials.
- It is imperative that each participant celebrate the sacrament of Confession the week prior to Confirmation. Times and other details will be provided.
- A valid baptismal certificate MUST be provided.
You must register for this program. Please call Tiffany Pyle at 718-2135 for information.