The Junior High School Religious Education Program is designed to promote positive adolescent development and growth in discipleship and Catholic identity within a youth-friendly community.
All Jr. High Classes (Confirmation Prep 1 & 2) meet on Wednesday evenings from 7:15 – 8:30 pm.
CATECHESIS / WORSHIP:
The junior high program will be using the Faith and Life religious education series. The Faith and Life series presents Catholic teaching using time-tested methods of catechesis and faith formation. Correlated with the Catechism of the Catholic Church, it features use of Scripture to complement the series’ presentation of Catholic doctrine and practices.
HOW TO DOWNLOAD HOMEWORK:
- Click on “VIEW FULL CALENDAR” button on the right side of this webpage.
- Click on “JH RE Classes” for the date your child was absent (or the date corresponding to the missing work)
- Click on “more details>>”
- Click on the applicable grade level to download the homework.
Confirmation is normally conferred starting in 8th grade. Prerequisite for this sacrament during 8th grade requires regular attendance for one year prior to being placed in a sacramental class. For specific information regarding the Sacrament of Confirmation, see the Confirmation page.
Information will be sent via Constant Contact throughout the year as it becomes available.
Dear Confirmand and Confirmation Parent,
The time of preparation for Confirmation is a truly blessed time both of learning more deeply about our Lord as well as going beyond ourselves to practice works of Christian Charity. The gifts of the Holy Spirit of which you will receive a deepening on your Confirmation day should impel us to even greater love of God in our words and, most importantly, in our actions. Beginning this year, we are implementing a new way of going about the service requirements that have always accompanied Confirmation preparation. The change is meant not only to give you more specific guidance in what Christian Service is but also emphasize that this service is something that is on-going and not a “one shot deal.” Our hope is that this will foster a virtue which will guide your lives throughout your life and encourage you to seek practical opportunities to put those gifts of the Holy Spirit into practice. May Almighty God bless you and keep you.
In Christ, Fr. Thomas Milota
- Christian Service Activity Preapproval Form
- Service Hours Form
- CHRISTIAN SERVICE information sheet 2017-2018
- Harvest Sunday Document 2017 – IMPORTANT INFO FOR CONFIRMATION II STUDENTS REGARDING HARVEST SUNDAY – all RE Confirmation II and 8th Grade School Students are required to attend; mark your calendars NOW!
- Flyer Distribution – weekend of September 23rd-24th
- Harvest Sunday (Food Collection) – Sunday, October 1st, beginning at 1:00 pm
For information about High School age Confirmation, please contact Jared Rutnicki at 630-718-2131 or at [email protected]