Children’s Ministry classes are for parish children in first through sixth grade who do not attend the parish school or any other Catholic school.
Our program teaches the doctrine and dogma of the Roman Catholic Church in our classes. We use the Faith and Life Series of Religion books which are published by Ignatius Press. The program teaches the beliefs, traditions, prayers, rules, and rites of the Roman Catholic Church so that our children have a good understanding of the faith in which they were baptized and will practice for the remainder of their lives.
We believe that it is very important that the children enrolled in the program are in attendance at every scheduled class except for family emergencies or illness. This is important so that the children receive an education that will help them grow in the understanding of their faith. For this reason we offer classes three different times during the week. 1st through 6th grades meet on one of three times during the week:
- Tuesday afternoons from 4:15PM to 5:30PM – Childrens Ministry 2017 – 2018 TUES Class Calendar
- Wednesday afternoons from 4:15PM to 5:30PM – Childrens Ministry 2017 – 2018 WED Class Calendar
- Wednesday evenings from 6:15PM to 7:30PM – Childrens Ministry 2017 – 2018 WED PM Class Calendar
We also have two Sacramental Preparation Classes for those children needing additional Catechesis before receiving Sacraments.
- Wednesday evenings from 7:15PM to 8:15PM – Sacrament Prep I & II 2017 – 2018 Class Calendar
Sacraments are given in keeping with Diocesan requirements of two years of preparation before the reception of a sacrament. Children in first and second grades and those in our Sacramental Preparation classes are prepared to receive the Sacraments of Reconciliation in the fall and First Holy Communion in the spring of their second year of their formation.
Mandatory Parent Meetings are held for parents of children making Sacraments or in their 1st year of Sacramental Prep to keep parents informed as to the requirements for sacramental preparation and to enrich the family’s understanding of our Catholic Faith. Audio of the talks can usually be found on the pages specific to the sacrament (First Reconciliation, First Communion, or Confirmation) or below (when scheduled).
HOW TO DOWNLOAD HOMEWORK:
- Click on “VIEW FULL CALENDAR” button on the right side of this webpage.
- Click on “RE Classes” for the date your child was absent (or the date corresponding to the missing work)
- Click on “more details>>”
- Click on the applicable grade level to download the homework.
Questions? Call the Director of Religious Education, Mrs. Theresa Pratt at 630-718-2133 or email her at [email protected]