Caring for the Body, Mind & Spirit
The caring ministry of parish nursing identifies and responds to the continuous needs of our parish families through health education, counseling and spiritual support, by linking the needs of the whole person to resources and services within the congregation, community and health care system.
Duties of a parish nurse include educating parish members on health and wellness, organizing health fairs/screenings and providing assistance for caregivers and families. She also visits parish members when they are sick and helps coordinate long-term care and support groups when necessary.
Motivated by a commitment to the healing ministry of Christ, who promoted wholeness of body, mind and spirit, the parish nurse promotes physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being in an atmosphere that fosters respect and compassion.
Resources – useful Links
- DuPage County Senior Services
- Home Health Agency Center
- Skilled Nursing Facilities in Naperville
- Skilled Nursing Home Facilities (in Illinois)
- Adult Daycare Facilities (in Illinois)
- Assisted Living Facilities (in Illinois)
- Home Healthcare Agencies (in Illinios)
- National Adult Day Services Association
- Administration on Aging
- How to Avoid & Detect Elder Fraud
Parish Nurse Notes
2017 edition of the DuPage County Health Department’s two-page surveillance update, CD Review, on Hepatitis B: http://www.dupagehealth.org/upload/October_2017.pdf
For more information or assistance with healthcare needs, parishioners should contact Paulette Shea, 630-718-2127 or [email protected].