“To cooperate with the Joliet Diocesan Life Office in implementing the U.S. Bishops’ Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities by actively promoting “respect life” values both within the parish and beyond, providing education, formation, and assistance to organizations such as churches, schools, media outlets and government and opposing efforts which threaten the culture of life.”
Upcoming Respect Life Events
Life Chain – “Moved by Mercy”
Please join us for the 29th annual National Life Chain on Sunday, October 2, 2016 from 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. on the NE Corner of Washington and Ogden. More than 1500 cities and towns across the USA and Canada will be participating. Bring your whole family to the Naperville Life Chain. Water, lawn chairs, umbrellas and strollers are welcomed and encouraged. Signs will be provided. No graphic signs are allowed. The Life Chain is a peaceful, silent and prayerful public witness of pro-life Americans standing for one hour praying for an end to abortion in our country. (Parents, this is a great service hour for the children!)
The Hoyts will be in the Jewel parking lot handing out the signs for me this year in my absence. Thank you Barb and John for stepping up so we can continue this chain.
Prayer at Planned Parenthood
The Saints Peter & Paul Respect Life Committee invites all members of the parish, friends, relatives, etc. to join them to pray in front of the Palnned Parenthood abortion facility in Aurora. Our prayer is offered for the sake of our endangered preborn infants, and for the conversion of the staff and customers of that clinic. Here are a few ways you can join us:
- Every Tuesday at 2:00 pm a priest or deacon from our parish prays the Rosary (no sign-up needed; just come!)
- Every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 10:00 am the parish Pro-Life prayer group meets to pray the Rosary (no sign-up needed; just come!).
- Volunteers are needed for one hour shifts between the hours of 8:00 am – 6:00 pm to fulfill our parish commitment to pray in front of the clinic on the 3rd Tuesday of each month. Please sign-up for one hour at the website www.fvfapp.org
The Planned Parenthood facility is located at 3051 E New York St., one block east of Eola Rd. Ample parking is available in the lot of the Auto Zone store.
Our activities are based on the Catholic Bishops’ Pastoral Plan for Pro-Life Activities. The Plan divides suggested parish activities into four major areas: Education, Prayer & Worship, Pastoral Care and Public Policy. Here is how we have responded:
- Weekly bulletin articles
- Provide support & materials to Religious Education & SSPP school
- Maintain bulletin boards
- Provide assistance/formation to organizations
- Sponsor speakers
Prayer & Worship
- Life Chain
- Rosary Wednesdays after the 8:15 AM Mass
- Prayer at abortion mills
- Annual Interdenominational Prayer Service for Life
- Maintain Expectant Mother’s Prayer List with two annual mass intentions
- Lenten Stations of the Cross
- Rosary Hour for Life every 4th Sunday
- Respect Life Sunday
- January 22nd Roe v. Wade observance
- Mother’s Day
- Various fundraisers to benefit crisis pregnancy centers
- Project Rachel post-abortion
- Promote & participate in diocesan wide and interdenominational activities
- Organize voter registration
- Conduct petition/postcard drives
- Review media & current events
- Write media/respond to editorials, etc.
- Speak at meetings or attend meetings to support position
- Witness at local Planned Parenthood clinic
- March for Life in Washington, D.C.
“Give yourself fully to God. He will use you to accomplish great things on the condition that you believe much more in His Love than in your own weakness.”
For more information or to join the group, contact Joe Verdico, 630-718-2155 or [email protected]